Welcome to Let's Get Growing
A fresh take on Community Gardens
Join the growing movement at Let’s Get Growing
… rent a garden plot, grow your own food, be part of your local community.
A fresh take on an old idea: We’ve taken the basic concept from a tradition of successful community gardens. But here is our ‘Kiwi’ twist:
- People rent and tend their own garden plot
- Plots are all ready to ‘Get Growing’
- Start-up ‘Let’s Get Growing’ kits supplied
- Highly productive plots are great value
- Raised plots look trendy and tidy
- The definite emphasis on ‘community’
- Seasonal, relevant learning opportunities
- Franchise–like ‘transplantable’ concept
- Financial and managerial sustainability
After years of behind the scenes work, the gardens are growing beautifully. All the plant
growth is since the huge community quick-build on Saturday September 4th, 2010.
There was lot’s of people, lots of action and lot’s of laughs. Many hands make light work…
and certainly made it a lot more fun!
The Otumoetai Railway Reserve is a lovely site but a little hard to find so check out the map on the Get in Touch page.
This is we hope the first of several sites within the Bay of Plenty, so check out our website and contact us so we can get growing our extended community of gardeners.
This website is still at seedling stage… so expect to find some gaps yet as we juggle our time between real and virtual gardening… bet you can’t guess which we prefer to do!
Join us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Get-Growing-in-Matua/129098400492519?sk=wall